In January 1999, the Passport & Immigration Office was transferred to the Sterling House, 9-11, Lislet Geoffroy Street, Port Louis.
In September 2003, the Passport Office decentralized its Passport Application Service. Alongside with the main office, six sub-offices, co-located at the Police District Headquarters (DHQ) as mentioned below, also received applications for passports from eligible citizens, thus providing 'Un Service de Proximit' to the public.
Location of Passport Application Service Sub-Offices
- Piton DHQ
- Rose Hill DHQ
- Curepipe DHQ
- Moka DHQ
- Flacq DHQ
- Rose Belle DHQ
LOCATION & CONTACT DETAILS
Passport & Immigration Main Office
Sterling House,9-11, Lislet Geoffroy Street, Port Louis
Telephone No : (230) 210 9312 - Fax No : (230) 210 9322
E-Mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Decentralized Passport Application Services
- Piton District Headquarters - 264 5385
- Flacq District Headquarters - 413 2615
- Moka District Headquarters& - 433 2732
- Rose Hill District Headquarters - 454 2022
- Curepipe District Headquarters - 675 0315
- Rose Belle District Headquarters - 637 4317
AIRPORT - Passport & Immigration Office
Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport,
Plaisance, Plaine Magnien.
Telephone Nos: (230) 637 3720 / (230) 637 4108
HARBOUR/PORT-LOUIS - Passport & Immigration Office
Trou Fanfaron, Port Louis.
Telephone No: (230) 242 3067
Passport & Visa Requirements - Passport Requirements & Travel information
Any person entering or leaving Mauritius shall produce to the Passport Officer a valid passport (at least six months validity beyond the intended period of stay) issued to him by or on behalf of the Government of a country of which such person is a national or citizen, or some other Government document intended for travel and establishing the nationality or citizenship and identity of such person to the satisfaction of the Passport Officer.
Conditions to be Satisfied for Right of Admission in Mauritius.
Any person entering Mauritius must:
- Hold a valid Passport or any other recognized travel document, with expiry date at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay.
- Hold the appropriate Visa or Entry/Residence Permit as applicable.
- Hold a valid return/onward passage tickets to his/her country of origin or residence.
- Have sufficient funds to meet the costs of stay in Mauritius. (A minimum of 100 U.S Dollars per day).
- Have a confirmed booking for accommodation in Mauritius.
- Be eligible to re-enter his/her country of origin or residence.
For more infos, please go to Mauritius Passport Office Information